High-performance SkiingBook - 1998
High-Performance Skiing combines the latest in expert instruction, technique and conditioning with breakthroughs in equipment technology that help skiers negotiate the most difficult runs. Completely new chapters on racing, conditioning, and technique make this the up-to-the-minute information source for alpine skiers.
This book offers an up-front, how-to approach for skiers interested in revving up their skiing and racing, replete with timely tips on how to handle a variety of skiing situations.
High-Performance Skiing promises to further explore high performance techniques and skills that lead to:
- more consistent performance,
- less fatigue and more endurance,
- increased strength and flexibility,
- greater versatility,
- more confidence while skiing in all conditions, and
- the incentive and know-how to jump into advanced recreational racing.
More than 100 photos and illustrations take readers step-by-step through the techniques to tackle steep-slope skiing, moguls, powder skiing and racing.