Bicyling Magazine's Mountain Biking Skills
Tactics, Tips, And Techniques To Master Any TechniquesMagazine or Journal - 2000
Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned off-road rider, this guide will help you hone your skills and make the most of every ride. You'll learn from experts who've been through it all, like former world champion Ned Overend and Olympic medalist Susan DeMattei. From uphill skills to downhill thrills, you're sure to find everything you need to know to ride like a pro.
Discover how to:
* Fit a great ride into a busy schedule with the "hour of power."
* Cruise through the toughest corners with the tripod turn.
* Tap into the flow--and glide over challenging terrain.
* Acclimate quickly and easily to every hazard on trails.
* Boost your climbing speed and comfort with switch-side breathing.
* Revive a midseason training slump.
* Crash without getting hurt.